Eco-Ethno centre Adica
Tel. : 032 / 456 - 571
Fax. : 032 / 456 - 570
- Construction of utility infrastructure Eco - Ethno Center Adica - Vukovar
(natječaj je završen)
- Acquisition of the tourist train
(natječaj je završen)
1.Providing technical assistance by a specialist to the Town Administration in sustainable development and management of Eco Ethno Centre Adica
- Gold embroidery
- Silk embroidery
- Souvenirs manufacturing
Providing technical assistance by a specialist to the Town Administration in sustainable development and management of Eco Ethno Centre Adica
The project team chose the best bidder (company Illyricum Consulting Ltd. - Director Mr. Zrinski Pelajić) who will work with the Town Administration to develop a sustainable programme for the development and management of Eco Ethno Centre Adica. The work will consist of group and individual consultations and training in the workplace provided to the Town Administration.
The expert will assist the Town Administration on the following issues:
1. Defining a model of partnership between public and private sectors, in making sustainable use of the Centre should include several different options and scenario analysis,
2. The organizational and legal grounds for the Centre management,
3. Insight into the concept of destination management with tangible results for a Little nature park Kopacki Rit in the context of a wider tourist destination of Eastern Slavonia and Western Srijem – from the nature park Kopacki Rit via Vukovar to Ilok,
4. Strategic level of planning - Developing the vision and mission statements for the Centre and strategic goals within 3-5 years, including the exercise of strategic planning, SWOT and PEST analysis,
5. Planning at operational level - developing a business plan for a 3-year and annual action plan with all the activities that are conducted on an annual basis, including practical training,
6. Marketing and promotion of destinations, tools and methods, including marketing planning exercises and develop a marketing action plan,
7. Making optimum use of public resources through the development of cooperation with local, regional and national stakeholders,
8. Development of soft skills - including the organization, communication, negotiation and presentation skills capacity building.
The specialist will make a medium-term business plan of the Centre, the manual or usages that include all of the above questions and suggested actions that will be used as a reference guide.
Workshops were held and Specialist, Mr. Zrinski Pelajić, performed his obligations specified by the Project and Agreement.
Training for entrepreneurship in tourism will be hold by a Specialist, Mr. Siniša Bronić. It is anticipated that all training takes 1 day (a total of 5 days of training) with a possibility of individual consultations after each workshop. With this activity, the project will involve local entrepreneurs, unemployed persons, associations, vocational schools and "fresh" graduates who might be or are interested to become entrepreneurs. Workshops will also be open to all institutions involved in tourism development and promotion. The project aims at training at least 35 small and medium-sized enterprises, 20 unemployed people, 20 pupils / students and 5 institutions.
Proposed workshop modules include:
1. Entrepreneurship in the continental tourism and institutional support,
2. Product development in the context of the destination development : home-made food, handicrafts revitalization, traditions, folklore,
3. Quality standards, packaging and labelling,
4. Marketing and promotion, including the cooperation and the formation of cooperatives and clusters,
5. Development of soft skills in tourism, including communication, presentation and sales skills.
The next workshop will be held on 15 September 2011. All participants will be informed in time about the place and time of the workshop. Upon successful completion, each participant will receive a certificate.
Organisation of training in traditional crafts (Gold embroidery, silk embroidery and souvenirs manufacturing)
Activity will include the organisation and delivery of the three trainings for gold embroidery, silk embroidery and the making of souvenirs. Gold embroidery techniques is dating from the mid-19th century came to Slavonia from Bosnia, initially used as decoration on clothing for special occasions. Today is mostly used in Central and Eastern Slavonia. The technique of silk ties started in the 18th century and is used in the whole region of Slavonia. Workshop in gold embroidery began on 25 May 2011 and ended on 1 August 2011.
Workshops in silk began on 20 June 2011 and ended on 8 August 2011. Both workshops were held twice a week for three hours. Workshops were led by Ms Marija Djukic who has knowledge and experience in these techniques. All materials and tools needed for the maintenance shop are secured from the Project sources.
The third workshop is for souvenir production from leather, wood, straw and / or ceramics. Training will hold people with experience in the above techniques. Start of the workshop is at the end of August / beginning of September. Expected duration of the workshop is 2 months. The number of participants is from 20 to 25.
Upon successful completion of the workshop, each participant will receive a certificate.
Printable application forms
Within the project "Eco-Ethno Centre Adica" in Adica on 22 and 23 October the 4th Vukovar Eco-Ethno Fair was held that brought together 80 exhibitors in a new Trade Fair Centre. The fair, which was a showroom sales in character, are presented the traditional arts and crafts, handicrafts, antiques, and food and beverage producers.
On a daily cultural entertainment program featured the cultural clubs in the area of Vukovar. The fair was opened by the Mayor of Vukovar, Zeljko Sabo, who on this occasion also marked the personal representative of the Croatian President Ivo Josipovic.
The 4th ECO-ETHNO FAIR
It is our pleasure to invite you to the 4. Vukovar Ethno Fair that will be held on 22 and 23 October 2011 (Saturday and Sunday) at the Eco-Ethno Center Adica - Vukovar. The fair will be open from 10.00AM to 7PM.
The fair is designed as an all-day exhibition and trade show:
a) traditional arts and crafts
d) food and beverage
Exhibitors can, together with their exhibition, organize tasting of their products as well as a demonstration of the production of their products.
As a follow-up program, we organized a workshop of traditional handcrafts, folklore program and entertainment for children and adults.
For the purpose of exhibition of your products, we are renting booths at a price of 200,00 HRK.
We are using this opportunity to invite you to exhibit at 4. Vukovar Ethno Fair and contribute to its success!
Contacts: 032/456-573, 032/456-571
|Development of a new tourist product ECO ETHNO CENTRE ADICA – VUKOVAR|
City of Vukovar
: Eco Cultural Association of the City of Vukovar, Tourist Board of Vukovar, Vukovar Proprietors Association
585.394,99 € was financed by the EU, IPA component III C - Regional Competitiveness (74.88%); 196.382,51 € 51 was financed by the City of Vukovar (25.12%).
contribution to the sustainable socio - economic development of the Vukovar-Srijem County by improvement and expansion of local tourist attractions in the city of Vukovar.
development and improvement of tourist infrastructure and to create economic activities around a new tourist product Eco Ethno Centre Adica.
Expected Output from the Project:
1. Construction of infrastructure in the area of the Eco Ethno Centre Adica
2. Improving the capacity of local authorities to develop and manage tourist product Eco Ethno Centre Adica; skills development of local businesses and residents and integrate them into a product
3. Visibility of new tourist product Eco Ethno Centre Adica has improved and continues with the promotion
Expected output in figures:
At least 35 small and medium-sized enterprises, 20 employees, 20 pupils / students and 5 institutions will be trained to entrepreneurship in tourism and in order to improve their development and business capacities.
At least four small and medium-sized enterprises and 20 new jobs will be created within one year after the completion of the project Eco Ethno Centre Adica.
Creating opportunities for making extra money by training a minimum of 60 people (mostly women) in traditional manual work (golden and silk embroidery, souvenir productions from leather, wood and / or ceramics).
Sustainability of the project
The project documentation will serve as the basis for the continuation and upgrading of existing activities.
Capacity building component will develop the necessary skills for the local administration to manage the Eco Ethno Centre Adica.
Local businesses and residents will enhance their skills and have a chance for a better position in the commercial and labour market.
According to the feasibility study and CBA, the project is considered financially viable.
Revitalization of Adica woodland and connection of the site to the sewage system will have a positive impact on the environment as waste water will not flow directly into the canal / river Vuka.